Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Obama is not for MY America -- my reply to OFA

OFA -- Obama for America -- sends out these ... entertaining ... emails to those who subscribe. "Know your enemy" and all that, so I subscribed to the emails just to see what was being said.

I actually hit the "reply" button when I read this email, and I sent my response to the sending address. Will anyone read it? Will they unsubscribe me automatically? Will purple-shirted SEIU folks come to my door and show me the error of my ways? We'll see what happens, but I didn't want my response to go completely unnoticed.

First is the content of the email I received (in italics); my response follows.

Brenda --
We're getting outraised -- a first for a sitting president, if this continues. Not just by the super PACs and outside groups that are pouring hundreds of millions of dollars into misleading ads, but by our opponent and the Republican Party, which just outraised us for the second month in a row.
We can win a race in which the other side spends more than we do. But not this much more.
So I need your help. If you believe that regular people should decide elections, then please chip in $3 or more today.
This isn't about me or the outcome of one election.
This election will be a test of the model that got us here. We'll learn whether it's still true that a grassroots campaign can elect a president -- whether ordinary Americans are in control of our democracy in the face of massive spending.
I believe we can do this. When all of us chip in what we can, when we can, we are the most powerful force in politics.
But today is the day to prove it. Donate now:
https://donate.barackobama.com/Outraised
Thank you -- for everything you've done before and everything you're doing now. It matters.
Barack



Dear Barack Obama and the folks running this email address,

I am one of those "regular people": a teacher with a Master's degree, a Highly Qualified license, working at a school which I dearly love. I pay taxes, help my mom when needed, and go to church on Sundays. I got excited when we saw gas in South Carolina for less than $3/gallon, yet I'm old enough to remember gas for less than one-third that price.

My hope is in God, not in you, and I am so excited that change will come to America in November 2012. I will gladly support Mitt Romney with my money, my vote, and my words. There is a reason that this "sitting president" is getting "outraised" -- Barack Obama is a failure as POTUS. Part of the reason might be that "sitting" is not what Obama's been doing. If he'd been sitting around, practicing laissez faire management strategies, we'd be looking at an America that wasn't "fundamentally transformed" but at an America that is both strong and successful. However, we've had a meddler-in-chief, who mostly
President Barack Obama, you say that the private sector is doing fine, and you want us to avoid the failed policies of the past.
Personally, I cannot wait until we can look back on your Presidency as part of the past.
Thanks from an American voter,
Brenda

No comments:

Post a Comment